Seattle ADR practitioner with 41 years of experience as an Arbitrator, deciding cases based on law and common sense, and as a Mediator, helping parties resolve their disputes.
Craig Beles’ experience as a trial attorney, commercial arbitrator, mediator, law professor and legal consultant spans 40 years. Mr. Beles has arbitrated, mediated or litigated over 300 complex disputes involving international contracts, intellectual property, antitrust, telecommunications, securities, transportation, construction, personal injury and employment. He has also presided in over 60 hearings as a Washington State Administrative Law Judge resolving unfair labor and discrimination claims.
In addition to his regular ADR practice, Mr. Beles has taught “Transnational Litigation & Arbitration” and “Comparative European International Arbitration” as an Adjunct Professor of Law in Seattle, Washington and as a Fulbright Scholar in the Czech Republic. In 2015, Mr. Beles was named a Fulbright Specialist in International Peace and Conflict Resolution by the U.S. State Department and assisted the Republic of Mauritius in fostering a culture of alternative dispute resolution.
He serves on the arbitration rosters of the AAA, ICDR, CPR, WIPO, ICC, Resolute Systems LLC, and FINRA. He also serves as a Washington State Bar Association Disciplinary Hearing Officer, a King County MAR arbitrator and U. S. District Court mediator & arbitrator.
Mr. Beles is currently the Chair of the Washington State Bar Association ADR Section and past Chair of the Washington State Board of Bar Examiners. He was elected Chair of the Vashon-Maury Island Community Council, Vashon Allied Arts, King County Rural Governance Committee, and executive board member of the DoVE Project, the Vashon-Maury Island Land Trust, and Northwest Folklife Association.
Mr. Beles routinely mediates and arbitrates matters in the following areas:
Choose a highly-rated and respected lawyer as your arbitrator or mediator.
- Mr. Beles was chosen “Seattle Top ADR and Mediation Lawyer” by Seattle Metro Magazine in 2010.
- “Top Ten Lawyers in Washington State” in the field of “Contracts/Agreements” by CEO Magazine in 2008.
- Rated “AV-Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell every year since 1990.
- Rated “10.0 Superb” by Avvo.com every year since 2007.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators of London, England.
- Named to the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals in December of 2013.
- Named a Fulbright Scholar by the U.S. State Department in 2010 teaching International Dispute Resolution and Comparative Torts in the Czech Republic.
- Named a Fulbright Specialist in International Peace & Conflict Resolution to assist the Republic of Mauritius in developing a culture of ADR during the Summer of 2015.
- Chosen “Global Award Winner in International Trade,” by Corporate LiveWire in 2015.
Call Craig Beles at The Beles Group – 206.618.9119 or contact the firm online.
Craig Beles arbitrates and mediates throughout the USA and worldwide.